Monday, June 21, 2010

Bye Bye Weekend

The weekend has come and gone and hardly ever felt like it was here. I love the weekends - it's so nice having the husband home to help out with the kids. Makes me wonder what women did back in the day, you know... where the children were "woman's work," and before the invention of anti-depressants, anti-anxiety and anti-whatever medications!! I feel as though I accomplished virtually nothing over the weekend, but man did it feel good! We had a lot of family time just hanging around the house on Saturday and concluded in a session of trying to catch fireflies (good thing none of us have aspirations of going pro in this sport, because we all stink) who managed to elude us quite successfully.

Looking ahead at the week, I'm trying to think through my Operation Household Perfection missions and I've not come up with them just yet. Either I'm feeling overly lazy, or the Benadryl I took for my swollen allergy eyes has taken over my brain and slowed it down considerably.

Today's goal: To come up with something for dinner that doesn't come through a car window... I think I can... I think I can...

Yours truly,

The Attempted Housewife.

No comments:

Post a Comment