Tuesday, June 15, 2010

My Quest for Perfection

It recently occured to me that my attempts at keeping a clean, organized, peaceful home were failing. Not through lack of effort, I suppose. Perhaps it was more a lack of well-directed effort. I've decided that to achieve what I've set forth to achieve (you know, household perfection) I was going to have to step it up a notch. Afterall, June Clever and Donna Reed may have been fictional characters who merely put on heirs - but something about them was real, they represented (allbeit in a seriously overdone manner) millions of women around the world who were making their own vain attempts (probably less vain and more successful than my own) at household perfection.

I have made the decision to chronicle my journey from cluttered junk drawers, sock baskets, microwavable dinners and overall confusion to a calm, peaceful, tidy and well kept home. Now, make no mistake - you won't see pictures of me in dresses, heels and pearls - because well, I'd rather die. What you will see, however, is a word painted portrait of a real (non-television drummed up) woman on a mission!

Yours Truely,

The Attempted Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment